Hey dearies! You are probably wondering why you are getting a Crafty Sassy on a Friday, so let me tell you why! Since this coming up week will be the beginning of October, I have decided to go live twice, for the month of October!
So, I wanted to show you guys how to make this flower pin, because it also goes with the headband I showed you guys how to make on Tuesday. So, I will be going live on my Facebook Page. More information on that will be at the bottom of this!
Let’s get started! First thing, let’s talk about what you will need for this project:
- Medium Yarn
- Any color of your choice. Since this flower goes with the headband, you can match a color to go with it or whatever color you feel works best!
- Crochet Hook 4.5 mm
- Sewing needle
- 1 Pin back
- It doesn’t required any fancy pin, a safety pin would work find as well!
Part 1: Making the flower
- Step 1: Chain 53
- Step 2: Double crochet in the 3rd chain from the hook. Double crochet in every following chain across.
- Step 3: Chain 1 and turn your work. *Single crochet in the next space. Make 5 double crochets in the next space* (The stars are to let you know that you have to repeat, until you reach the end or if they say otherwise)
- Step 4: Fasten off and make sure you leave a long tail because we will be using it to sew the flower altogether.
Part 2: Sewing the flower together
- Step 1: Loosely arrange the layers to form a flower.
- Step 2: Using a threaded yarn/sewing needle, stitch each layer of the flower together, ending on the back side.
- Step 3: Draw the threaded needle through the pin back. Secure the pin back onto the back of your flower and cut the excess yarn to complete the flower pin. And your done!
Having a pin, on the back of your flower, can make it so you can wear it on hats, scarfs, headbands, necklace, etc. So there’s not just one use for this project.
Anyway, I will be going live tonight on my Facebook Page. If you haven’t like my Facebook Page, here is the link!
Let’s talk about the NEW plans for the month of October!
I plan on bring Crafty Sassy to you on Tuesday’s and Thursday, just for this month! Instead of the normal stuff that is for beginners and such, I’ve decided to make this month a ‘holiday special’. I will be doing the same for November and December.
If you have any projects that you want me to show you how to make, leave a comment down below, message my Facebook page, or even e-mail me at email@example.com!