So, the winner to my Facebook page’s poll was the Hanging Towel Holder! Today, I am going to show you how to make these awesome hangers. I will also be going LIVE, on my Facebook page, showing you how to make these hangers. If you are intersected, I will leave the link to my page, don’t forget to like my page, so you don’t miss out on any of my lives!
Link to my Facebook page:
Things you will need:
- Medium Yarn(Any color of your choice, try to avoid using black or dark colors)
- 1 or 2 Thin Bracelets or Thick Hair Ties(The Goody Ouchless Super Thick Hair Ties are preferred,
- Size 4.0mm Crochet Hook
- Button (Bigger than an inch)
- Sewing Needle (To sew any unwanted strands.)
Before I get started, I want to say thank you to Naztazia, she is the one who made the pattern available to use for free and also created a YouTube video on how to make this towel holder!
Her YouTube Channel:
Here is the link for the free pattern itself:
*So, because this is a pattern from someone else, I am going to explain in my way how to make these. I just want to put out there that this is NOT my pattern and I wanted to give FULL credit to the creator. With that being said, all rights go to the creators, not me.*
Step 1: Decide on whether you are going to use 1 or 2 thin bracelets or the super thick hair ties. Then, make a slip knot on to your crochet hook. When I got live, on my Facebook page, I will be using the thin bracelets.
Step 2: Take your crochet hook and put it into the circle and yarn over, bringing the yarn back in the circle. Pull it through all loops, making sure you only have one loop on your hook, making a slip stitch. Chain 3.
Step 3: Once you have chained 3, take your crochet hook and put it back through the bracelet, yarn over, just like you did for creating the slip stitch, but instead of making another slip stitch, we are going to double crochet. Here is a picture on how to double crochet, just in case you forgot.
Step 4: You are going to double crochet 50 stitches, add more or less depending on the size of the bracelet or hair tie. When you get to the last one, slip stitch to close the ring.
*Remember: The chain 3 counts as 1 double crochet!*
Step 5: Chain 1. Then, make 8 single crochet stitches across. Here is a picture down below, just in case you forgot.
Step 6: Chain 1 and turn your work.
Step 7: Keep making single crochets across for 17 rows. Make sure you chain 1 and turn your work after finishing each row. You can use a row counter if that helps you remember how many rows you have left to do.
Step 8: Once you are done row 17, chain one and turn your work. This next part can be tricky, so I’m going to break it down, so you don’t get confused.
- You are going to single crochet in the first one, but instead of yarning over, you are going to go into the next stitch and single crochet, you should have 3 loops on your hook. This is called a single crochet decreased. Yarn over and pull the yarn through all hoops.
- Next, half double crochet in the next stitch. Here is a picture, just in case you forgot, but it is basically doing a double crochet, instead of pulling through 2 twice, you pull through all of the loops.
- Double crochet in the next stitch.
- In the same stitch, that you did the double crochet, crochet 2 trebles. Here is a picture down below, just in case you forgot.
- Chain 1.
- In the next stitch, do 2 treble crochet.
- Double crochet, in the same stitch you did your trebles.
- Half double crochet in the next stitch.
- Single crochet the next stitch, but we are going to do another single crochet decrease, just like we did for the start of this row.
- End the project, but cutting the working yarn and pulling your hook up. Sew in the tail into the project.
Step 9: Sew the button onto the project, make the button in the middle, just above the ring. In between the ring and the first or second row. Sew and cut any wondering strands of yarn. You’re done!
Don’t forget to check out my Facebook page, where I will be going LIVE, showing you guys how to make this.
I also want to give you guys an update that because I now have a better camera to show you guys how to make these amazing things, make sure you check out my YouTube channel because I am going to try my best to add more content, like this, to it!