‘I’ll be there for you’
As soon as you hear those words, immediately think of Friends. Yes! We are talking about one of the most greatest T.V. series in the world and one of my all-time favorites to sit down and enjoy.
If you haven’t seen nor heard of Friends, then you must be living under a rock like Patrick Star! It’s a show about 6 friends, Monica, Rachel, Pheobe, Ross, Joey, and Chandler, as you get to watch them live their lives, work, and wish that you could have a group of friends just like them.
It doesn’t matter what type of mood I’m in, Friends always makes me feel better. It’s one of those shows that I’ve seen multiple times, and I don’t have any shame either, that can literally put your mood from shitty to happy, after watching a few episodes.
The show is an all-time favorite but was sadly removed from Netflix, due to every other cable station becoming just like Netflix. So, I haven’t been able to watch Friends whenever I wanted since that happened at the beginning of 2020.
The show also talks about some big stuff or life problems that we can or do encounter as an adult, such as pregnancy, marriage, break-ups, divorce, changing jobs, family problems, or that famous line of Ross’s WE WERE ON A BREAK!
Which if you didn’t know, about Ross’s line of ‘We were on a break’, the show Friends made it clear on how if you were to take a break in a relationship, there are two ways your partner will see it as Ross’s side or Rachel’s side.
After that episode, more people had to enclose what an actual relationship break is. Not to mention, as much as we LOVED Ross and Rachel being together, their relationship was quite toxic than we wanted to believe.
The best part about this show is that each person from the Friends group is quite different from each other:
- Joey – He was an actor, that wasn’t very smart when it comes to common sense, but was a lovable lady’s man that could get any woman he wanted by saying, ‘Hey, how you doin?’
- Rachel – She was the snob of the group, born into a rich lifestyle, but was friends with Monica since high school. She also loves fashion, but don’t let her make a trifle.
- Ross – Loves dinosaurs and getting married/divorced. He is definitely a nerd at heart and anything to do with science.
- Monica – Is a fat kid at heart, loves to cook and make sure everything is neat and clean. She’s also pretty organized, so do not move her furniture an inch.
- Chandler – The joker of the group and very sarcastic, no one really knows what his job entails, but it has to do with being a transponder, as Rachel calls it.
- Pheobe – She’s the weird one from the group, but we all love her the same. She’s very musically and everyone knows her favorite song ‘Smelly Cat’.
As much as they are different from each other, they always have one other character that makes sure she is in every season of Friends, and one way you will know about who she is, by her laugh.
But their favorite place is hanging out in Central Perk, their favorite coffee shop that you’ll always see them in if they aren’t at Monica’s or Joey’s/Chandler’s apartment when they are all together, you can see the love that they all have for each other.
This show is something that is for everyone, whether you want to laugh, smile, or cry, they will always be there for you.
What do you think about Friends? Is it on your playlist of favorites? Let me know in the comments down below!